Monday, November 17, 2008
This contest is made for students, professional, who have the creativity of developing XML and DB2 .IDUG contest has five different tracks that the contestant can choose from. You can either choose to do one of the five tracks, or you can do all five of them.
Here the five contest you can choose from.
Is the Video contest: which is you need to create using XML,XQuery or DB2 and record yourself doing it.
Is the Gadget Contest: which is the contestant have to develop a downloadable gadget or widget using DB2.
Is the XQuery Contest: Answer a series of questions by developing queries in XQuery. All correct answers (answer and query structure) entered to win larger prizes.
Is the Port an Application:Port an existing application to use XML, XQuery or DB2. You may enter as individual or assemble a team.
Is the XML Contest: Develop a brand new application using XML and/or XQuery. You may enter as individual or assemble a team.
This Challenge is designed to recognize developers who will shape the XML landscape of the future. This could be your future, and you can gain some well-deserved recognition for your XML skills. Visit the link and get in the game.
Dealing with vision loss is challenging. For people with glaucoma, macular degeneration, or another vision problem, low-vision aids can help optimize remaining vision and improve the ability to perform daily activities.
Some examples of low-vision aids are telescopes, closed-circuit televisions (a small television camera is mounted on a movable tray; documents or other objects are moved under the camera and viewed on a small monitor), magnifying glasses, clocks and phones with large numbers, and large-print reading materials. Telescopes and closed-circuit televisions require an evaluation and prescription from an eye care professional as well as training in how to use them.
Many low-vision aids are available through low-vision clinics and low-vision rehabilitation services. Researchers are also testing implantation of a miniature telescope into damaged eyes.
Mild vision impairment has little effect on day-to-day activities, but moderate to severe vision impairment can make it difficult for people to perform common household tasks. Ophthalmologists and low-vision counselors recommend these simple, practical strategies to help patients with low vision maintain their independence.
Always leave doors completely open or completely closed. This reduces the risk of accidentally walking into the door edge if you have low vision.
Tack down loose rugs and use non-slip mats beneath them. Or you can hold down rugs with furniture to prevent slipping and tripping.
Tape a colorful piece of paper to all clear glass doors. If you have low vision, this will help you determine whether the door is open or closed and prevent collisions.
Avoid using glass-topped coffee or end tables. The edges are extremely difficult to see, making bumping injuries more likely if you have low vision.
Mark the important settings on the dials of the stove, washer, dryer, and other appliances using brightly colored tape.
Mark the outer edge of all indoor and outdoor stairs. Use a strip of paint or non-skid material in a color that contrasts with the rest of the step. The strip should extend about two inches from the edge -- both horizontally and vertically -- and should go across the full width of the step. This reduces the chances of tripping or falling on the stairs if you have low vision.
Have someone help you arrange clothing if you have color-vision problems. Separate items according to color and then use labeled dividers to identify them.
Attention shopper's Kmart Layaway for the Holidays is going on right now. Some of you are probably wondering how Layaway works. Let me tell you something about it. Usually when you shop for some stuff for any occasion or just for anything, and you couldn't pay all the items all at once, you can put them on layaway.Just follow the simple steps which is , choose all the items you wanted to purchase, bring them to the costumer service or at the layaway counter.Make some down down payment .You will get the chance to pay for the items every two week for 8 weeks period . Then when you made the full payment, you can bring all the merchandise home with you. It's that simple.
Since Christmas is just around the corner ,Kmart Layaway for the Holidays is a great place to go . So folk, come and shop at Kmart. Use Kmart layaway to get ready for the Holiday. It's the easy way to pay for item.Shop at Kmart near you or log into the web and visit Kmart.com .Get what you want with Kmart layaway , and you can pay for your merchandise in over 8 week period. Use the easy layaway for about everything and anything year around.
Friendships are probably some of the most important relationships you will have in your life. Many of your favorite memories are likely to include times you have spent with friends. Friends are possibly the people who keep you sane (although they can sometimes drive you mad as well!).
Friendships can be hard work sometimes, especially when your good friend is going through a tough time or is just feeling down. Not knowing what to do, or what to say can be hard, frustrating, and emotionally challenging. However, just by thinking about what you can do to make them feel better, shows that you are a good friend. So how can you be there for a friend in need?
• Listen - Never underestimate the importance of listening. One of the important parts of listening is trying to understand the situation from your friend's point of view. If you aim to do this you'll find you'll ask the right sort of questions and they'll appreciate having someone who truly cares about how they feel.
From that point on you will probably feel more comfortable talking through possible solutions to your friend's situation with them, if they want to. Don't assume your friend wants advice - sometimes they may simply want someone to listen to what they're going through, and to work out what they're going to do themselves.
• Get the Facts - If your friend has a medical condition or mental illness, a good way to offer support would be for you to learn about what your friend has been diagnosed with. This simple action shows that you care and that you are not going to run away because your friend's situation has changed. This will let them know that you like them for who they are.
Another good step is seeing whether there are support groups in your local areas and suggest coming along with your friend.
• Give your Friend a Hug - A simple gesture such as a hug or a smile can show your friend that they are not alone and that you are there for them.
• Be Willing to Make a Tough Call - If you think a friend is displaying a serious risk to their personal safety, you may need to act without their consent. No matter how hard it can be or if you are worried about your friend's reaction, just remember it's because you care about them and you don't want them to be hurt.
Depending on the situation, you may need to seek outside help; whether it's a teacher, counsellor, Kids Help Line (1800 55 1800) or Lifeline (13 11 14), a family member or another adult.
• Let Your Friend Know you Care - You might want to write a letter or a poem addressed to your friend, showing how special they are to you and no matter how tough things get; that you will be there for them because that's the importance of friendship.
• Keep in Touch - If you can't physically be with your friend when in need; think about sending an email, chatting on MSN or a quick phone call or sms; to show that you are there for them.
• Check out Reach Out! - You may also find it helpful to look through some other Reach Out! fact sheets and stories, and show these to your friend. Stories on the site are inspiring and reinforce that your friend is not alone and that no matter how dark that tunnel looks there is light at the other end.
• Jump onto the Reach Out! Forums - It may be helpful for you and/or your friend to jump on the Reach Out! Online Community and to chat to other young people who have had similar experiences.
Hey Folks! Have you heard ? Sears Layaway is back. Christmas is just days away. We often do want our Holiday to be perfect.Right? Want the perfect gifts for a perfect Christmas? I recommend you to visit Sear. Sear Layaway is back. At Sear you will find everything you need for the Holiday. Come on and shop! do the easy route to shop for the stuffs you really wanted. While you are at Sear, you might as well trow something in for your love one's present for Christmas. Sear Layaway is the easiest way to pay. Just do the simple step. Select your items, bring them to any register and make a down payment, once you have completed the payments you can take your items home. It's that simple.
Speaking of Christmas present , I have to shopping my self to get ready for Christmas. Well! Sear is just close by where I live. Here are the three choices among the many that i choose. First,it's the Waring Pro Juice Extractor, I love fresh juice, instead of buying juice I can just make it my self. Second is the Craftsman C3 19.2 volt 4 pc. Combo Kit, my husband is into tools, this would be the perfect gift for him for Christmas. Third is the ,Pandigital 7.0 in. Digital Picture Frame , this is a perfect gits for everyone.So folks, don't waste your time anylonger. Shop at Sear and buy your gifts for Christmas and grant a wish of a love one.