Thursday, July 31, 2008
Did you know that women's menstrual cycle can cure numerous diseases out there like like diabetes, heart disease, stroke, MS, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's Yes it's a fact! Women's menstrual blood potentially can save life's by collecting stem cell. In a way to collect some certain stem cells on a women's body you have to use C'elle . C'elle is a advance technology and easy to use collection kit, you will have the reassurance and peace of mind when it comes on collecting and preserving menstrual blood.
One of my family member is suffering from heart disease and diabetes. I this this is the time to take some action on saving a family member in the future with C'elle .
It is amazing About the Science can do this day and discover another way to save lives in the future. By collecting you stem cells you can make a difference by saving someone else life. These menstrual cells possibly treat major diseases like diabetes, heart disease, stroke, MS, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's; as well as possible cosmetically applications like anti-aging and wound-healing.
Today you have now the ability to preserve your priceless stem cells that may emerge over time to treat your self or member of your family . I encourage you listen to C'elle Client Testimonial. Every month hold a miracle. C'elle is available now! Start collecting and preserving your body's stem cells and save life.
Hey! I just request my first check at Inbox Dollars last night. You can really make money at inbox dollars by reading mail, taking surveys and you even make money by shopping. It's another way to make some extra cash to put in your pocket.In a way to make money from Inbox Dollars you have to read their emails and be active on their site.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Attention advertiser! Do you have some specific company, brand, products that you would want to have sponsor ? If so, SocialSpark.com can help you.
Izea.com is a innovative web-base company. It's a various properties including the blog marketing site like SocialSpark.com is a blog marketing, blog advertising. Different advertiser join social spark to get their company, products or brand . SocialSpark.com connect blogger to advertiser. Blogger will earn money by write about the advertisers products, company.
For all advertiser if you have a products, company or brand like jewelry,cars clothing , shoes etc; don't keep it to your self. Advertise at Social Spark. I love shopping for shoes and clothing. I would like to see this advertisement at social spark. Anyone advertiser who have Clothing line, shoe store out there, please come and check out or join and bring your products to SocialSpark.com
Recovering from a depressive episode or managing depression long-term takes energy and planning. You may think, how am I going to find energy or motivation when I feel so poorly?
Depression can strip you of your self-esteem, self-confidence and motivation. Approach this in the same way you would approach a friend, loved one or child. You would approach helping that person in a reasonable, caring manner. Do the same for yourself. The key is to begin with small steps.
Say you want to begin exercising, attending to bills or mail, increasing your socialization or housework. Would you tackle all of these simultaneously? Of course you wouldn't. Pick one that is a priority to you. You then will need to set up a reasonable plan as to how to proceed with accomplishing your goal.
Let's go with exercise first. Overall, your goal may to improve your health. Your goal may be to walk a mile but how would you do this? You would train by walking one step at a time. I had a patient who had been an avid runner prior to having a moderately severe episode of depression. He essentially had given up on running and was not engaging in any exercise. He was ready to begin exercising again. His initial goal was to run 30 minutes 5 times per week. I asked him to rate on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the most likely and 1 being the least likely) the likelihood that he would accomplish his goal. He rated his goal as a 4. We know that a rating of higher than 7 is where we want to be in order to increase our chances of goal completion. After further thought, he changed his goal to stretching for 10 minutes two times in the next week. He then rated the likelihood that he would accomplish the goal as a 9. One week later, we reviewed his goal and he was able to successfully accomplish it!
The idea is to be your own cheerleader, be kind to yourself. You deserve to feel good and to be happy. Set up reasonable goals and then honestly rate them using the 1-10 scale. It is OK if you need to change your goal. Find a support person to share your goal with. Studies show that this will make it more likely that you will follow through. Once you have accomplished your first goal, you will find your self-esteem and confidence are boosted. Don't stop now, set up your next goal. Set your self up for success! You can do it
Alzheimer's is a brain diseases disorder. Today we all know that Alzheimer's is a progressive and fatal brain disease. As many as 5 millions Americans are living with Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer's destroys brain cells, causing problems with memory, thinking and behavior severe enough to affect work, lifelong hobbies or social life. Alzheimer’s gets worse over time, and it is fatal. Today it is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States.
We all care about our relatives who is suffering from Alzheimer's. Why won't you join me and make a difference , help fight for Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer's Memory Walk is a association and is the largest nations event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer's care, support and research. Let's get on the move to end Alzheimer's. Join the Alzheimer's Memory Walk and be a team captain and help fight Alzheimer's in you community. Visit the link and sign up for a walk. You can also help Alzheimer's by donating and help for a good cause. Alzheimer's Memory Walk also have an online store where you can buy Memory walk gear for kids and more.
The Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk is the nation's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer care, support and research – and it calls on volunteers of all ages to become champions in the fight against Alzheimer's. There are walks in more than 600 communities. A typical Memory Walk is a 2-3 mile walk held on a weekend morning in the fall.
By teaming up with the Alzheimer's Association, you can walk with a purpose – and move us closer to a world without Alzheimer's. Together, we can MOVE a nation.
To all readers of this post please spread the words for Alzheimer's Memory Walk , help to make a difference to all the folks out there or your relatives who have Alzheimer's.
Got up late today and after eating breakfast and did some of the stuffs that need to be done. I log into Social Spark and I have some opps waiting for me. That made my day. Thanks SS
Most US residence is in debts because of the economy and lack of work this days. I am not ashamed to include my self among those people out there that is or was in debt.We sometimes make the wrong choices. We get carried away charging those credit cards and end up burring our self on Credit card debt .And some of us have to take some Credit counselingto keep our self straight .I am still in debt for owing a tuition when I was trying to accomplish my degree, and still paying for it. This site called www.bills.com is very important. I had took the Bills IQ quiz. Believe me, you don't want to know what my credit score is. Even myself, I did not want to see the result of my credit score.
Debt is a serious issue in America. Economy is very bad and lack of job from all over the states. We most sometimes fall behind from paying our bills. Now is the time to take some action. AT BillsIQ.com they can help you or anyone to consolidate your bills or better yet Debt consolidation . Struggling from mortgage financing , BillsIQ.com can get you all the help you need. You can apply at billsIQ.com to get Debt help you are looking for . BillsIQ.com offers reliable resource centers on many difference financial topics. BillsIQ.com has all the the financial information you need to get back on your feet and become debt free .
BillsIQ.com gives you to be Debt relief , tips billsIQ.com has a lot to offer, and has all the information you need to help you cut your payments and get out of debts. You will find financial relief from mortgage, bill consolidation, loans to credits. Get out of debts now, you can ease your stress looking for debts help, loan quotes and save money today at billsIQ.com .Take some action,get out of debts, get your life straight by turning your financial problem at bills.com
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
No matter what the task, it is essential to be able to adhere to one's short term goals.
Make sure your goals are realistic and timely. Realistic means a number of things; make sure they actually are short-term, and are not ambitious. It's okay to have ambitious goals, but for an ambitious goal, you need simpler short-term goals. Timely means that they have a set time. This is where most goal setters fail and procrastinators succeed. Procrastinators will often say "I will get it done," but by simply adding on a time and keeping a promise "I will get it done by 8:00 on Tuesday or I'm not watching Matlock." The goal automatically becomes more realistic.
Keep your goals specific, especially when they're short-term. "Get good grades in school" is not specific, neither is "Get good grades in 2nd semester Chemistry." Remember, these are short-term goals, be specific: "On Tuesday, from 8-10 pm, study and complete the homework for Chemistry." In this example, each short-term goal of studying and completing homework builds up to a larger goal of receiving good grades. If you provide loopholes for yourself to travel through, you'll find yourself making excuses to yourself and excepting them. Lay down the law, buckle down and get them done.
Bring something simple with you to track your goals. Some use technology, a palm pilot, a PDA, but this often creates dependencies. It's tempting to utilize the expensive technology you may possess, but often times it's easier to carry an index card in your wallet/purse with the goals written down. The wallet/purse is used as a suggestion because it is something which people carry around with them everywhere.
Make sure you mark off the goals when they are accomplished. This may not seem very important at first, but developing this habit insures yourself that you are actually looking at the list. Often times, these list writers will only look at the list if they're adding to it.
Keep in mind that nothing in this text will make you a better goal-setter; it's all up to you.
Most importantly is developing your ability to keep your own promises. If you're going to set goals for yourself, don't talk yourself out of them no matter how insignificant it may seem. Even if you don't think that overlooking a goal or promise to yourself could be detrimental, the habit which this behavior forms will be.
If the tips contained in this article aren't of help, you may be suffering from a type of procrastination which should be treated like a mental illness. Assess why and how you procrastinate with tools of psychology and/or, ideally, a psychologist.
Having a third party assess you is very useful. Be open to criticism. Often times third parties are more aware of the flaws that are keeping you from getting your goals accomplished than you are.
Attention Mommy to be and to all the women that are planning to get pregnant in the future. Have you ever wonder that your umbilical cord blood can treat for 70 diseases like leukemia, anemia, lymphoma, diabetes and cerebral palsy. Yes that's the fact about cord blood umbilical cord stem cells. There are about 30,000 people a year in United State that are diagnosed with diseases that can be treated with blood cord stem cell.
I encourage you to check out Cryo Cell helped over 155,000 families preserve their newborn's umbilical cord blood for potential use against many diseases. Bank your baby cord blood. Cord blood stem cell is very valuable treating diseases.By the year 2015, there will be 10,000 cord blood transplants world-wide per year using publicly banked cord blood. Imagine taking a step now, before your baby is even born, that maybe later save her/ his life or save family member. Please visit Cryo Cell to some information about cryo cell . Prepare now for when your baby delivered or will be deliver , take a step, save lives.
My Tuesday went so slow. Didn't get to use the PC early. I finally log into my account at PPP ; there wasn't Oppps waiting for me so i figure to just go ahead and browse. Something is telling me to click my blogs at PPP and then I saw my page rank at Google. Hey! I got a rank of at Google . That made my day. You know what that means. hard work pay off at last. Thanks Google . I been longing to have a page rank. I finally got one; hope it will increase up. What do you know.That makes you appreciate little things.
Monday, July 28, 2008
The new and improved Westfield South center Mall in Tukwila will have its official grand opening on July 25, 2008. Over the last couple years the mall has been extensively renovated, with a 400,000 square foot, three-level expansion that makes it the largest mall in the state of Washington. Additions include 75 new retailers, 5 new sit-down restaurants, and a 16-screen movie theatre. New multi-story parking structures have also been added as part of the renovation. While some of the new features have opened over the course of the past year, the stores and restaurants that are scheduled to open as part of the grand-opening events include Banana Republic, Escape Outdoors, Blue C Sushi, Joeys Grill & Lounge, and Red Mango. Family-friendly features were part of the renovation; parents will appreciate the new family parking area and Kids Play Space.
We went down there Saturday . It was so amazing. The South Center is consider as the largest Mall in Washington state. And take note my favorite store is there "XX1 forever , located in 3 area. If you are wondering what kind of store that is. It's a clothing store. Check it out sometimes. The theater is located in the upper building. The food court is at the second floor.
The Alderwood Mall use to be the largest Mall in WA State.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Taking course about CPR and be certified with it is very important. You can save so many lives, no matter what place you maybe. I used to own a day care center. And I am required to take a CPR class for Infants. And so I did . I took both Infants and Adult CPR. It is very convenient, specially if you are around kids all the time.Your baby is full of life , we have to maintain it that way by taking Online Baby CPR . Visit the website and start your online course for Baby . You do not need to be attending the class to fulfill the CPR class . You can take it in the convenient of your own home. All you need is to click the link. Start the class, start saving lives.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Have you ever wonder about enhancing your career? Are you wondering what is the first step to takne on expanding your career? Well here is your chance to get into a booming IT career. Cisco certification is a IT professional learning network to enhance or advance your IT career. At Cisco Learning Network you will be able to take the associate level step on the networking path by pursuing a CCNA ,CCDE,CCIE certification. You can look forward to having a wider set of skills under your belth , as well as the capability of managing and optimizing a networking performance. Sign up and join the community, participate on a conversation on how to advance your career and discover about the future of Networking technology. There are several training program you can participate on.
We all know that IT Networking is the booming job worldwide. By joining Cisco Learning Network is one way to change your life and career .Explore, engage and enjoy the chances of being a part of archiving the social learning network.
The IT networking industry is growing worldwide .Cisco certification has certification program that can enhance your core of knowledge by archiving special certification in Technology such as security IP, wireless. By taking IT certification you can have the success you ever wanted. By joining the Cisco certification you will be surprise for the outcome after completion the program. Get connected and start enhancing your IT networking career. Check out the great technical resource and online event to help you prepare for the exam.
Don't waste your time or procrastinate about your future. Your future is at Cisco Learning Network. Visit now and register and be one among the IT networking career person worldwide. Stand out from the crowd with Cisco certification career .Explore down on the latest technology from cisco and beyond.
Hey, I had submitted my blog to SS yesterday and i got approved the next day. I am feeling lucky right now. That's right! SS are so much different from PPP . But they are both good money maker :)) for bloggers. I made my first task today and request to peon some slot for me for some opportunity. Right now, I am about to blog my very first paying opps from SS and it's a good pay one too. That's is why I am feeling like I am a million buck, hahaha. I guess I am just happy. Little thing makes me that way anyway.
Everyday, a bunch of newborn baby has defect worldwide. Usually they grow up into it,it's because their parents cannot afford the surgery they want for their kids. I had watched some commercial on TV about the kids needing help from all over the world. Sometime we often wonder what way or which way we can do to help those kids. Well' here is a website Child Foundation Charity where you can get some information on how you can make any difference. Here are your chances to make some differences on someone's else lives. With this Child Foundation Charity . You will have the power to change and save lives by donating a portion of your money. With a little money you gave up for this foundation, it will add up and you will be able to help one or more life. The Donation you spare will go 100% to the kids in need. Please visit the the link above, and start saving babies/ kids lives. The website will guide you through toward this task of making difference. You can either donate or shop for the kids you wanted to help for their surgery. While you are there, don't forget to join the mailing list. Take some action. Make some difference.
Monday, July 21, 2008
There are many business ventures that can be found on the internet. All it takes is some searching, imagination, and thinking about what type of service you can offer by reaching out to others, by way of the internet.
In this article, we attempt to highlight you some possible common ways to make money online. If you are a beginner, you can find very good assistance and a startup knowledge.
Sell information. There are many forms of information that you can sell on the internet, such as eBooks (digital books), digital reports, newsletters, or software. Virtually any product that is informative in nature can be sold on the internet as an information product. Here are some reasons why information products are a good choice to use to sell online:
* Information products are easy to create and quick to market. This type of method does not take years to develop, nor does it require intense design meetings, nor is it expensive to manufacture. You can create information products in as little as a couple of hours and not long after they are posted, they are generating a source of revenue. All you need to begin this venture is a great topic and a computer.
* You do not have to stock or count inventory. This frees up space in your home or garage because you do not have to buy any products to sell to others. The product that you are selling is digital and the only space that it will be taking up is on your computer.
* Startup costs are minimal because when you create an information product the only investment you are making is the time it takes you to create the product. In addition, if you choose to become an affiliate marketer for someone else who wants to place his or her information product on your web page your investment is nothing.
* Sales and delivery is automatic and is available 24 hours per day, seven days a week and you never have to close your doors. There are programs that allow you to completely automate everything from sales and deliveries to anything else that is needed to operate a successful information product business.
* It gives your customers immediate access or delivery of the product. For your customer there is no waiting for what they are looking for, especially if you have your business set up to automatically handle every aspect of the transaction.
* Save costs because shipping and handling are non-existent for this type of business venture. The only type of shipping that is required on your part is to click your mouse and send the customer the information that they are looking for.
Earn an affiliate income.
* There are a variety of different types of compensation plans that online programs use. With some you just get paid once for the sale. Others will pay you a recurring monthly income for making the sale. And other online programs will even pay you when the members you refer also refer other members. These are called multi-level compensation plans.
* Choosing a program with a multi-level compensation plan can be very profitable especially if it is a forced matrix plan. A forced matrix compensation plan only allows so many on your first level, generally 2 to 5. If you refer more than 2 to 5 then they would spill over to help your first level members. Can you see how you could work as a team with this type of compensation plan? Every member is working as a team for mutual profits. These programs are sometimes called pyramid schemes, so be sure to research the program carefully.
* Make sure you get credit for the people that you refer otherwise it would be a wasted effort. This article is too short to go into static versus dynamic affiliate sites or cookie referral tracking systems. If the sponsor’s name shows on the affiliate site you may want to take note of it before you join then verify that he or she is your sponsor when you log in. If your sponsor received credit for you joining then you should too. A good sponsor should contact you after you have joined from their affiliate site offering help. If they don’t you may want to contact them.
Earn money with Google Adsense.
Take free online surveys.
Start an Internet-based home business. Some suggestions:
* Start an Internet auction business.
* Sell t-shirts online through Cafepress.
Join a site where you get paid to click on ads.
* Use a buddy system. Find a friend in your local area that also wants to make money online and have them join your chosen programs from your affiliate sites. This way you can help each other learn about the program and advertise it, especially if the program has a forced matrix compensation plan. Plus you would already have started building your team. And if the program allows multiple accounts you could join from each other’s affiliate sites with your profits, doubling and tripling your income as your team grows.
* Stick with one actionable program at a time. Do not overextend your budget by purchasing too many products at once to make money online.
* You will need to be diligent to make much money.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Does your cell phone look like everybody else? If so you may be interested in decorating your phone with Rhinestones. Many people call this bling, slang for owning or creating personal accessories that are jeweled, bright and attractive. Here's how to decorate your cell phone.
Go to a store like Wal-Mart or any craft store, look for assorted rhinestones on sale. Rhinestones and other stones and decorations come in a variety of styles, qualities and colors. Choose those that match your taste and budget.
Develop a pattern or design plan. Use paper and pencil if you wish, or just explore different designs on a hard surface. Possible patterns and designs include: all one color, stripes, diagonal, your initials — anything you want. Put as much thought and preparation into the planning of your design as possible, as this saves time in the long run.
Clear a large amount of time and set up your equipment in a safe place where you can leave it and come back to it.
If you purchased the stick on rhinestones, just peel of the tape and stick it to the surface of your phone in the correct position.
Using the glue gun, quickly put a dab of glue on the rhinestone and hold it on your phone for 5 seconds to make sure it's firmly in place.
Let your phone rest at room temperature for 5 minutes and don't touch it.
Stroke your fingers over the stones after the five minutes are up, to make sure they don't fall, if they do, replace them.
* Considering buying the stick-on Rhinstones. These products allow you to just peel the tape off the back and you ready to go. In addition they are far easier to remove than glued items.
* When planning your design try downloading a picture of your phone from the Internet and printing it out as a template to use.
* Adding rhinestones may take awhile to do. Make sure you have the time to do it.
* If you do not care for rhinestones try a beading store, they will have a great many small shiny things you can glue.
* If you are using a hot glue gun make sure you turn it off when you are done. Watch out for gluing your fingers together.
* When using a glue gun make sure to read the instructions carefully and to follow all saftey procedures.
* Other glues, like SuperGlue, will also work for this.
* The stick-ons can get caught in your hair while you are on the phone.
Things You'll Need
* Cell phone or other hard surface
* Glue or glue gun
* Imagination or a sense of design
* A sketch of the perfect design for your cell.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Went down to body Of seattle events. We were gonna go earlier than 6 pm but too much drama was going on. Finally we left heading to body seattle, got there around 7: 25 PM. It was hard to find a parking space. Body Seattle event was so crowded. Way crowded. We listen to the jazz band, walk around , everywhere you go, you get bump that how crowded it was. There was a lot of interesting stuffs going on. water fountain is flowing so that people can cool off. I finally got hungry. We browse the food booth. All the seattle restaurant was there on thier own booth. You can iether do the tasting which cost you $ 3.00 per taste . I rather buy the actual meal which is not much difference between $ 3 to 6 . Anyway, we browse and browse . And my eye catch the philippine food booth. The line was very long at the Filipino food. That tell's me that alot of people loves philippine food, which make me very proud. Sad to say though that I didn't have the patient to wait for the long line for me to buy some filipino food. I'll just go to thier actual restaurant.
There was a lot to see at the Seattle Body Event , we didnt have enough time. They close at 9 then they will be open tomorrow. This event usually happen every year. Its fun, tiring, but it's worth it.
Friday, July 18, 2008
While we all like to think we look young, mother nature has other plans for our appearance. As we age, our skin changes. Laugh marks around our eyes, age spots on our skin, wrinkles around the mouth are all the obvious signs of ageing. With the help of some cosmetic products, we can conceal those telltale signs of advanced years and bring the focus back to the features that make you an individual.
- Dab a foundation stick that matches your foundation onto the age spots with your fingers. Use a concealer (one that also matches your foundation) for darker age spots--it's thicker and will hide them more effectively. Blend it slowly and evenly into the skin until the age spot is not noticeable.
- Shake your bottle of foundation well before pouring a bit onto the back of your hand. Dab it with your finger onto the forehead, nose, chin and cheeks before smoothing it in with the dampened sponge in even, sweeping motions.
- Apply cream blush (which is better for older skin, as powder blush can leave the skin looking dry and less youthful) by smiling and blending the blush with your fingertips onto the apples of your cheeks.
- Use a different large, round brush to apply bronzer on the nose, neck and cheekbones, which will enhance your face's shape.
- a green concealer
- a good quality liquid foundation that matches your skin tone
- a concealer or stick foundation that matches your skin tone
- alcohol free cleansing & toning wipes
- some skin primer
- a latex make-up sponge
- some liquid highlighter
- a light reflecting concealer pen
- some powder
- and a large round brush
Thursday, July 17, 2008
A 15-minute treatment that will result in soft, glowing skin. Easy to make at home, luxurious to use and quite a lot less expensive than the beauty salon. Here's how you do it:
Assemble the "Things You'll Need".
Rub a piece of cut papaya flesh on your face and neck.
Let the rubbed-on papaya sit for 15 minutes.
Rinse off with warm water.
Rinse again with cool water. This will close the pores.
at your skin dry with a towel. See "Tips" for this method.
Touch your face and feel the difference. Your face should feel and look much more radiant.
Touch up with some moisturizer if needed. If your face feels dry, just apply toner/moisturizer. Use as natural a moisturizer if possible.
* Always pat dry with a towel. Rubbing can easily break the small capillaries under the facial skin and cause redness and fine "spider lines" if you have skin prone to this. Rubbing may also cause bacteria to spread; theoretically, this might lead to spreading pimples, although acne is more likely to be caused by dietary or genetic afflictions.
* Don't use this remedy if you are allergic to papaya or other tropical fruit, such as mango.
* Avoid touching your face too often as this will transfer the oils from your hands to your face, making it oily and irritated.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Need to know that your Vet will look after your pet well when they are sick? The best solution is to find a good vet in advance before you need one, to make sure that you feel happy that they will provide the best care for your particular pet.
Ask others in your area of their experiences, word of mouth recommendations are very valuable as they are not biased and you are more likely to get a true appraisal of the abilities of the vet and the practice in general.
Approach local Animal Shelters and animal clubs who will have experience of many different vets.
* Not all vets can be judged the same this is because some vets practices specialise more in one type of animal than others. This is especially true in rural areas where the bulk of the vets work may be with larger farm animals. It is important therefore to compare several vets and to find out as much as possible about their individual experience and knowledge with the care of cats.
* When visiting and comparing different vet surgeries you should have already prepared a set of questions to ask. These questions should include:
* Opening times, important if you need to have flexible access to your vet, for instance evenings and weekends.
* Fees – find out their standard consultation fees, also their fees for standard treatments such as vaccinations, worm and flea treatments etc.
* Emergencies – what are the arrangements for out of hours emergency care for your cat, for instance do they do home visits?
* Alternative medicine – find out what their attitude is towards alternative and complementary treatments for your cat, such as homoeopathy and acupuncture. Holistic treatments such as these can have many benefits especially in the older cat.
Never be afraid to ask a vet what their experience is in the treating your particular breed of pet. This may be especially important if you have pedigree show cats for instance that may require specialist care. In which case making sure that the vet you choose is up to date with all the latest medical advancements in cat care would be a benefit.
* Once a suitable vet has been chosen, you will need to discuss with them your cat care and what their recommendations are for the inoculations etc over the coming year. The types of inoculation required will vary depending on the particular risks in your geographical area and also the age and medical history of the animal. As a general rule the program for treatment are:
* Nine weeks – first vaccination
* Twelve weeks – second vaccination
* 16 weeks – spaying for female cats
* 4 – 6 months – neuteringfor male pets.
* 6 months – first flea treatment then monthly thereafter
* Every six months – worm treatment
* Every year - booster vaccinations and check up
* The yearly check up carried out by your vet will include:
* Checking for parasites and mites, your vet will look in the ears for any signs of infection causes by mites etc and will brush the fur around the neck area to check for flea dirt’s.
* Teeth – the vet will check for gum disease and any loose or bad teeth. You may notice them scraping the teeth with their fingernail to remove any plaque build up.
* Weight – many vets will weigh the cat and keep a record of this. Often loss of body weight and condition can be one of the first signs of an underlining illness.
Skin has many important functions in our body . The Skin is also the largest excretion organ, eliminating bodily waste through its pores. Having a good daily skin care routine is very important to the health of your skin and essential step towards having a good complexion. Its oily glands secrete sebum, which maintains the elasticity of the skin’s surface. One of the most necessary things for any person is skin care. Developing a skin care routine improves the look and maintenance of your skin, your body''s largest organ. Take a good look at the way you are taking of your skin daily. Skin requires water, vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, proteins for its cells as much as your inner body needs them for a proper metabolic function of its organs.
A natural and organic treatment for the skin has the same importance for your inner health as a natural and organic food. Toning is an important step in the daily skincare routine because it removes any lingering impurities or greasy residue and helps balance the pH of the skin. The sunscreen is the most important aspect of your skin care regimen. Choose a daily moisturizer with UV protection and get two benefits in one. Avoid moisturizers with sunscreen built in at night. Facials are usually done in salons. Exercise keeps the nutrients pumping through the system to keep up your energy and, best of all, it releases endorphins - a great stress reliever.
Moisturizers seal in surface moisture and help keep skin soft and supple. Natural ayurvedic moisturizers contain herbal extracts.
Choose is finding a moisturizer or lotion that has a SPF or UV protection built in so that you can get two benefits from one application. Regular cleansing is important and when done properly. Exfoliate is a also use for skin care. Over buffing will over-stimulate and cause irritation to the skin. There are several active ingredients that have been clinically proven to be effective skin rejuvenators. One of the most effective treatments is vitamin A derivatives such a retinol or retinyl palmitate. Facials are usually done in salons. Never wash the face with hot or cold water. Luke warm is best. Don''t cleanse the face too much. Many people find they can minimize with a splash of water to the face in the morning.
Skin Care Tips
1. Eating the right kind of food can do you more good than any medicine.
2. Honey applied under a dry dressing every two or thee days promotes rapid healing of ulcers and burns.
3. Avocado oil used regularly is an excellent skin softener.
4. Vitamins are essential to the health of your skin, especially vitamins A, B,and C.
5. Vitamin E is especially helpful to improve your complexion when applied externally.
6. For pimples Apply a mixture of turmeric and neem on the face.
7. For black spots Make a paste with mehndi and oil and apply on the face
8. For growing add a pinch of yeast with 2 teaspoon of cabbage juice and apply.
9. For oily skin, apply a mixture of grapes, lemon and egg white. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
10. Apply the mixture of honey and milk on the face.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Air shows are usually conducted either at a military base or large airfield and are definitely an exciting experience. But the thought of very large crowds on a hot summer day can seem quite daunting (especially when bringing the family!). Hopefully, these steps will help you attend and enjoy an air show!
Get detailed directions to the base or airfield well in advance. Map it out and possibly do a practice run. This is very helpful if the highway or road does not usually handle the high volume of traffic associated with such a large event. Bottlenecks occur and folks can be stuck in traffic literally for hours. If you do a dry run of the directions, you may find a quick alternate route.
Over-pack for the air show. When you land yourself and your family in the middle of hundreds of people in the hot sun, it's better to have an extra bottle of water or snack than nothing.
Use the 'buddy system' while visiting the great stations setup at the air show. It can be refreshing to split the family up into two groups and report back to each other on what was the most exciting!
Don't be afraid to ask questions or initiate a conversation with the military personnel at their respective exhibits. They LOVE talking about their work, the aircraft and the air show as a whole.
* Pack extra batteries for your camera. If you are using a digital camera, make sure your memory stick is cleared out. Don't get stuck with only room for a few pictures.
* Create a designated "meeting place" in case you get separated. Make it easy to find from anywhere on the airfield.
* Bring sunblock - lots of it. Time goes by fast during these fun events and realizing you forgot to put it on (or on the kids) hours into the fun is the worst.
At this kind of show, you might this following stuffs
* Earplugs (optional)
Monday, July 14, 2008
There is always something to do on vacations. It may be hard to think of something exciting to do, but there is always something and this will help you find it. However, if your vacation is honestly extremely boring... well, this can help you too.
Before you go to your destination, do some research on where you are heading. Know the history of it. If you do, that alone can make the vacation more interesting. You can also find shopping malls or good restaurants or fun places if you search online. Make sure to tell your parents of all the places you can go if they don't already know. It would be good to also print the information off and bring it with you on your trip.
Be outgoing. If you are shy and quiet, it might be boring if there is nothing to do. If you try to make things fun, chances are that they probably will be.
If there are no interesting places to go, or if weather is bad and you get stuck indoors, watch t.v or watch a movie.
Don't eat too much. If you find yourself going out to restaurants a lot this may be difficult. You can pace yourself though. If you go out everyday, then every other day order a main meal and that's it. The days that you don't have to order a main meal, order a large salad to start and then have desert after. Try not to snack a lot. Because you are bored you may find yourself eating more. Don't start that habit.
Do exercise, work out and jog around. It can also help to do push-ups or steps. Because it is your vacation you may not want to do it, however just set up a schedule. Crunches when you are bored, run every other day or see how many jumping jacks you can do during commercials.
Take long shower, this refreshes your day and makes you feel clean and healthy. If there is nothing to do around the place, pamper yourself. Go through your own mini spa
* Write in a journal about the events in your day.
* Wake up each morning to see the sunrise and think about how lucky you are to be able to go on vacation.
* Don't go out too much, you'd be surprised how fast your money can go.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
It is often difficult to persuade children to eat vegetables.
To make it easier try the following:
Tell your child about the health benefits of eating vegetables.
Persuade your child to eat some (but not all) of what you've put on the plate. Example: "If you take two more bites, you can be done. I'm sure you can eat two more bites. Let's count."
Try reverse psychology. Say something like, "I wouldn't eat that if I were you."
Make up a game so that eating vegetables is more fun.
Hide vegetables in foods your child likes. For instance, put vegetables on pizza or in a casserole.
Make sure the adults set a good example. Children pick up cues from adults and siblings when it comes to food. If people grimace or complain about eating foods there is a good chance the child will too. Children will often pick up the picky eating habit from those around them.
Don't make it a big deal. Sometimes the pressure to eat it makes a child leery. They will think of eating certain foods much like being forced medication.
Consider their motivation. If the child gets extra attention when they don't eat their vegetables they may continue to protest and cause problems at the table.
Include your child in the preparation of the foods. A proud child will often try their own creations.
Tell your child which vegetables are your favorites, which are favorites of other people they like. Children often try to imitate and may be more open to trying a vegetable that is their big sibling's or grandparent's favorite.
Consider the texture of the foods the child doesn't like. It may be more than a question of taste. If your child seems to protest against certain cooked foods, textures or shapes you can try the raw option if it is safe. Some children also have color preferences. You may need to adjust your menu until the phase passes.
Try juicing. Juicing is a fun way to get important vegetable nutrients.
* For the busy parent some vegetable juice blends are available in the produce section. Try different varieties until you find a blend your child likes. There are more options than just V-8.
* You shouldn't replace all vegetables with juice a important fiber is lost in the juicing process.
* If necessary, juice when they aren't around so the real ingredients can't be seen.
* Keep track of the ingredients you use. You may find a combination of ingredients they prefer and you may need to recreate the recipe.
Add minced or grated vegetables to sauces or to other dishes they enjoy. Pizza's are also a great place to hide finely chopped vegetables.
Talk to their teachers and see if there are foods served in schools they seem to enjoy. Sometimes they become accustomed to foods being prepared a certain way and may reject the way it is prepared at home.
Help your child to grow a vegetable garden. Talk to your local greenhouse and plant vegetables that are quick growing and easy to care for. They'll learn and become eager to try new vegetables.
Add more low sugar fruits to their diet if they become to vegetable resistant.
* Take your child shopping and allow him or her to choose some vegetables to eat.
* Eliminate junk food from your house so that vegetables are one of few healthy choices to snack on.
* Some vegetables like carrots are choking hazards to young children. Make sure the vegetables you feed your child are age-appropriate.
* Don't force your child to eat a particular vegetable if he really doesn't like it. It could cause your child to develop a life-long dislike of certain types of vegetables.
* Don't lie to your child to scare him or her into eating vegetables. Example: "If you don't eat this, your eyes will fall out."
Friday, July 11, 2008
Having your own computer and provider at home is very convenient. You know why? The advantage is , you can shop online; work at home. Isn't that convenient? Okay! Are you the kind of person who like stylish, fashionable glasses? If so... well you have to check out ZenniOptical.com . They have the highest index lenses complete any priscription Eyeglasses from only $8.00 . Their product is in high quality, low and affordable prices. And take note they only sell their own product directly to the customer .
Zenni on Fox
Come on, visit the website and order the fashionable, stylish glasses you ever wanted.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
he next time you head to the grocery store, follow these tips to save money and make healthier choices.
The average American family spends $4,300 per year on food. This may seem like a lot, but don't worry: There are ways to cut down on spending and make healthier choices when grocery shopping.
First, you need to be prepared. Keep in mind that grocery stores are not laid out for your convenience—the goal is to keep you in the store for as long as possible. The longer you're there, the money you're likely to spend and, oftentimes, the poorer the choices you'll make.
Follow these easy shopping tips to help slim your grocery bill and your waistline:
· Shop the perimeter. Healthy foods like fruits, vegetables, dairy products, fresh meats and fish, and fresh whole-grain breads are located around the perimeter of the store. Pre-packaged and unhealthy foods and snacks are often in the aisles.
· Don't shop when you're hungry. When you walk into a store, you're often immediately hit with the smell of delicious food. That's why baked goods are usually at the front of the store. It's hard to be a smart shopper when everything makes your mouth water.
· Look high and low. The most expensive items are usually placed at eye level: 5 feet 4 inches from the floor, to be exact. If you're looking for less-expensive options, you're going to have to work for it, reaching high and bending down low to the less accessible shelves.
· Forget what you think you know. Don't assume that items are on sale just because they're at the end of aisles. Oftentimes, grocers do this to catch your attention, not necessarily to give you a good deal.
· Don't get distracted. Staple items, such as dairy, meat, and deli products, are placed at the back of stores. It's no coincidence that you have to walk through several other departments to get to the things you need. Grocers know you're likely to stop in the other departments and make purchases.
· Compare unit prices. Contrary to popular belief, larger-size products are not always a better buy. This often holds true for items such as peanut butter, tomato products, cottage cheese, and tuna fish.
· Avoid the crowd. If you get flustered or annoyed by crowds, you may be likely to buy the first thing you see just so you can get out of there. By shopping early in the morning or late at night, you can avoid the tendency to impulse shop.
· Clip coupons. Check to see if your local grocery store accepts competitors' coupons. Every little bit helps, right?
· Don't forget your supermarket brand. Often your supermarket brand's products are cheaper, even if you have a coupon for a name-brand product. You and your family likely won't notice a difference in taste.
· Make a list and stick to it. If you have an itemized list, you'll be less tempted to spend money on unnecessary products—or to let the sweet smell of cinnamon buns lure you to buy one...or a dozen.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Drinking milk isn't the only way to strengthen your bones. Check out these calcium-rich foods.
Nearly 10 million Americans are living with dangerously fragile bones that are susceptible to breaks and fractures, according to the National Osteoporosis Foundation. But as it turns out, osteoporosis is preventable. The first step is incorporating the recommended daily amounts of calcium and vitamin D into your diet. And if the thought of drinking milk makes you cringe, you'll be happy to learn that milk isn't the only thing that does a body good. Read on for seven little-known sources.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) suggests that adults ages 31 to 50 get 1,000 milligrams of calcium and 400 to 800 international units (IUs) of vitamin D a day. For those 51 and older, 1,200 milligrams of calcium and 800 to 1,000 IUs of vitamin D a day is recommended. To get your recommended daily amounts, check out these bone-enhancing foods.
Nuts. Most people don't envision nuts when they think of calcium, but by replacing snacks such as potato chips or cookies with a handful of pistachios or brazil nuts, you'll be doing your bones-and your waistline-a favor. One 100-gram serving contains 140 to 180 milligrams of calcium, while the same amount of almonds packs up to 250 milligrams.
Fish. It isn't just brain food; it does wonders for your bones, too. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), one 3.5-ounce portion of salmon or mackerel contains 360 IUs of vitamin D (up to 90 percent of your RDA) and 181 milligrams of calcium. For a more convenient option, 2 ounces of canned sardines provides 250 IUs of vitamin D and 324 milligrams of calcium.
Oatmeal. In addition to its high fiber content, one cup of oatmeal provides up to 150 milligrams of calcium. Top it with cow's or fortified soy milk, and you'll start your day with more than a third of your recommended calcium intake.
Eggs. Two eggs contain 40 IUs of vitamin D, about 5 to 10 percent of your RDA. Just keep in mind that the vitamin is found in the yolks, so egg-white omelets won't deliver the same benefit.
Leafy Greens. As if you need yet another reason to eat your veggies, dark leafy greens such as kale and spinach each contain up to 100 milligrams of calcium per 1 cup serving. Take note: Although broccoli only contains about half of this amount, it actually has a higher absorption rate than spinach, which contains large amounts of oxalate, a compound that reduces calcium absorption.
Yogurt. On average, three-quarters of a cup of plain yogurt is packed with nearly 300 milligrams of calcium, with the fruit-bottom variety serving up slightly less (about 230 milligrams).
Cheese. One-and-a-half ounces of cheddar or mozzarella cheese contains more than 300 milligrams of calcium. But watch out when using it to top your pizza or burgers; cheese is also generally high in fat.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
For many, the holidays are a time to celebrate...
For many, the holidays are a time to celebrate with family and friends. But for some, the season can bring on feelings of intense stress and sadness. In fact, an estimated 10 million Americans, or about 6 percent of the U.S. population, experience these feelings in their most extreme form—a condition known as Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
A clinical mood disorder, SAD is characterized by extended periods of depression in fall and winter, when days are shorter, and more stabilized moods in spring and summer, when days are longer. Fortunately, the condition is highly treatable, and if you suspect that you or a loved one is suffering from SAD, it's important to consult with a health-care professional so he or she can advise you on next steps.
Easing the Holiday Blues
Experts note that SAD is different, however, from the holiday blues. While SAD may last for months, the holiday blues generally last only a few days or weeks. If you're struggling with the holiday blues, it's also best to consult with a doctor. In addition, the Mayo Clinic recommends the following tips to help cope with the condition.
· Acknowledge your feelings. If a loved one has recently died or you aren't able to be with your loved ones, realize that it's normal to feel sadness or grief. It's okay now and then to take time just to cry or express your feelings. You can't force yourself to be happy just because it's the holiday season.
· Set differences aside. Try to accept family members and friends as they are, even if they don't live up to all your expectations. Practice forgiveness. Set aside grievances until a more appropriate time for discussion arises. With stress and activity levels high, the holidays might not be conducive to making quality time for relationships. And be understanding if others get upset or distressed when something goes awry. Chances are, they're feeling the effects of holiday stress and depression, too.
· Learn to say no. Believe it or not, people will understand if you can't do certain projects or activities. If you say yes only to those things you really want to do, you'll avoid feeling resentful, bitter and overwhelmed. If it's not possible to say no when your boss asks you to work overtime, try to remove something else from your agenda to make up for the lost time.
· Don't abandon healthy habits. Don't let the holidays become a dietary free-for-all. Some indulgence is okay, but overindulgence only adds to your stress and guilt. Have a healthy snack before holiday parties so that you don't go overboard on sweets, cheese, or drinks. Continue to get plenty of sleep, and schedule time for physical activity.
· Seek professional help if you need it. Despite your best efforts, you may find yourself feeling persistently sad or anxious, plagued by physical complaints, unable to sleep, irritable and hopeless, and unable to face routine chores. If these feelings last for several weeks, talk to your doctor or a mental-health professional. You may have depression.
Monday, July 7, 2008
To all chocolate lovers out there. I am inviting you to visit Chocolate Path . It's an online store where you can find the very best dark chocolate at all times. They have some high quality product. Explore the product you have the taste for. Let the Chocolate Path guide you to your journey to experience the world finest dark chocolate. Come on in at Chocolate Path and indulge you some for some lavender caramels, cherries enrobed in dark chocolate, citrus bars, and fresh mint bars, just to name a few wonderful dark chocolate items. And let your cool with a frozen hot chocolate bar all summer long. And if it happen that in town in NJ stop by at their store which is located at 26 Lackawanna Plaza
Montclair, NJ 07042 and enjoy some of their frozen hot chocolate,hot chocolate gelato, and gelato truffles. Dark chocolate is also fine for gifts for any occasion. So visit now and start enjoying the best dark chocolate.
People aren't the only ones who love cookouts. Because of their unfettered access to outdoor feasts, insects and microbes of all varieties often enjoy them, too. And while you may see no harm in sharing a bit of your bounty with the earth's smallest creatures, you should know that their participation can come at a hefty price to your health.
There are some 250 foodborne diseases, caused by a myriad of bacteria, viruses, and parasites. Each year, these diseases are responsible for making about 76 million people sick in the United States. Of these 76 million, 325,000 are hospitalized and 5,000 die. Do you know the facts on foodborne illness?
Bacteria Are Food-Lovers. Food provides bacteria with all the nutrients they need to flourish, but they also require a certain range in temperature, pH level, and water activity. E. coli bacteria can grow in temperatures as cold as 45° F and as warm as 122° F; they can survive in a pH level as acidic as 4.4 and need a minimum water activity of 0.95. The ranges for other bacteria vary, though often not widely, which means you should take the proper precautions with raw foods and cook meats to the USDA-recommended temperatures of 145° F for steaks and fish, 160° F for pork and ground beef, and 165° F for chicken.
They Can Multiply—Fast. Let's say there's a Salmonella bacterium in your potato salad. Under optimum conditions, it can replicate itself once every 20 minutes. After four hours, there will be 4,096 of its kind navigating through the mayo. And it's likely that it wasn't alone when it reached your salad. So if it showed up with a few hundred of its kind, you'll be left with about 1.23 million unwelcome Salmonella bacteria in four hour's time, which is enough to make you ill.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Always wanted to experience the great outdoors, but are afraid that you will be caught unprepared? Learn how be Prepared for a Hike.
Enlist a friend to hike with you. Someone who likes hiking and is good company is a good choice.
Choose where to hike. Consider the following when choosing: natural views and landscape, accessibility, the availability of marked hiking trails, the length of the hike based on your personal experience and ability. Consider the terrain of the area as well. Hills and mountains are beautiful but even a short steep hike can be too challenging.
Pack plenty of water. Even if you plan to hike for just a couple of hours, you do not want to run the risk of becoming dehydrated. Plan 1 L per person per hour of hiking.
Wear supportive, closed footwear and comfortable socks. Hiking boots are best. If you do not have boots, wear comfortable shoes with thick supportive soles.
Wear comfortable clothes in layers that you can remove or add as needed. If you are hiking in an area where the weather is changeable, pack rain gear.
Wear a hat and sunscreen. Pack additional sunscreen.
Somewhere along the trail you will probably get hungry, so you should pack something like GORP (Good Old Raisins and Peanuts). GORP doesn't have to be raisins and peanuts. Cherries, almonds, M&Ms, walnuts, cranberries, and peanut butter chips are all good. Anything non-perishable and bite-sized will do. If you are eating a meal on the trail, pack light, and as spill-free as possible. Sandwiches, bite-sized vegetables, fruit leather, and apples are also good trail food. Pack a small bag to contain any trash that you make...do not leave any trash on the trail.
Let someone know that you are hiking, where, and how long you expect to hike. Tell them you will check in with them when you return. Then check in with that person when you return. Just in case anything goes wrong (for example, you get lost), that person will know where to look for you, or know to contact help if you do not return as expected.
Pack a cell phone.
Pack basic first aid supplies, including bandages, tweezers, and antiseptic wipes.
Pack your camera.
Here are some tips:
Always pack enough water! If you hike a lot, invest in a few Nalgene bottles for water.
A sturdy backpack with a stomach strap is good to carry everything in.
Remember the golden rule of hiking: Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.
Always hike with a buddy!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
You may breathe easier once your child learns how to use the toilet, but expect occasional accidents and near misses. Here's help handling — and preventing — wet pants.
* Stay calm. Kids don't have accidents to irritate their parents. Don't add to the embarrassment by scolding or disciplining your child. You may say, "You forgot this time. Next time you'll get to the bathroom sooner."
* Slow down. Remind your child to relax and take it slow. Completely emptying the bladder can help prevent accidents.
* Offer reminders. Accidents often happen when kids are absorbed in activities that — for the moment — are more interesting than using the toilet. To fight this phenomenon, suggest regular bathroom trips, such as first thing in the morning, after each meal and snack, and before getting in the car or going to bed. Point out telltale signs of holding it, such as fidgeting or holding the genital area.
* Be prepared. If your child has frequent accidents, absorbent underwear may be best. Keep a change of underwear and clothing handy, especially at school or in child care.
When you decide it's time to begin potty training, set your child up for success. Start by maintaining a sense of humor and a positive attitude. Then:
* Pull out the equipment. Place a potty chair in the bathroom. You may want to try a model with a removable top that can be placed directly on the toilet when your child is ready. Encourage your child to sit on the potty chair — with or without a diaper. Make sure your child's feet rest firmly on the floor or a stool. As your child checks out the potty chair, help him or her learn how to talk about using the bathroom. Use simple, correct terms. Let your child see you and other family members using the toilet.
* Schedule potty breaks. If your child is interested, have him or her sit on the potty chair or toilet without a diaper for a few minutes several times a day. Read a potty-training book or give your child a special toy to use while getting used to the potty chair or toilet. Stay with your child when he or she is in the bathroom. Even if your child simply sits there, offer praise for trying — and remind your child that he or she can try again later.
* Get there — fast! When you notice signs that your child may need to use the toilet — such as squirming, squatting or holding the genital area — respond quickly. Help your child become familiar with these signals, stop what he or she is doing and head to the toilet. Praise your child for telling you when he or she has to go. When it's time to flush, let your child do the honors. Also remember the importance of good hygiene. Teach girls to wipe carefully from front to back to prevent bringing germs from the rectum to the vagina or bladder. Make sure both boys and girls learn to wash their hands after using the toilet.
* Consider incentives. Some kids respond to stickers or stars on a chart. For others, trips to the park or extra bedtime stories are effective. Experiment to find out what works best for your child. Reinforce your child's effort with verbal praise, such as, "How exciting! You're learning to use the toilet just like big kids do!" Be positive even if a trip to the toilet isn't successful.
* Be consistent. Make sure all of your child's caregivers — including babysitters, child care providers and grandparents — follow your potty-training routine.
* Ditch the diapers. After several weeks of successful potty breaks, your child may be ready to trade diapers for training pants or regular underwear. Take time to celebrate this transition. Go on a special "big kid" outing. Call close friends or loved ones and let your child spread the news. Once your child is wearing training pants or regular underwear, be careful to avoid overalls, belts, leotards or other items that could hinder quick undressing.
* Treat mistakes lightly. Accidents are inevitable — especially when your child is tired or upset. When it happens, stay calm. Simply say, "Uh-oh. You had an accident. Let's change you. Pretty soon you'll remember to use the potty chair every time you have to go."
* Sleep soundly. Most children master daytime bladder control within three to six months of starting potty training. Nighttime control may take months — or years — longer. In the meantime, you may want to use disposable training pants when your child sleeps.
* Know when to call it quits. If your child resists using the potty chair or toilet or simply doesn't get the hang of it, take a break. Chances are, he or she simply isn't ready yet. Try it again in a few months. If your child isn't interested in potty training by age 3, you might ask your child's doctor for suggestions.
Potty training is a big deal. Here's what you need to know about timing, technique and handling the inevitable accidents.
"I've gotta go!" If you're looking forward to ditching your child's diapers for good, these words may be music to your ears.
Potty training is a big deal for parents and kids alike. The secret to success? Patience. Perhaps more patience than you ever imagined.
Is it time?
Potty training success hinges on physical and emotional readiness, not a specific age. Many kids show interest in potty training by age 2, but others may not be ready until age 2 1/2 or even older. And there's no rush. If you start potty training too early, it may only take longer.
So is your child ready? Ask yourself these questions:
* Does your child seem interested in the potty chair or toilet, or in wearing underwear?
* Can your child understand and follow basic directions?
* Can your child ask simple questions?
* Does your child stay dry for periods of two hours or longer during the day? Does he or she wake from naps dry?
* Does your child have fairly predictable bowel movements?
* Does your child tell you when he or she needs to potty or poop?
* Is your child uncomfortable in wet or dirty diapers?
* Can your child pull down his or her pants and pull them up again?
If you answered mostly yes, your child may be ready for potty training. If you answered mostly no, you may want to wait awhile — especially if your child is about to face a major change, such as a move or the arrival of a new sibling. A toddler who opposes potty training today may be open to the idea in a few months.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
A co-blogger post caught my attention when I was blog hopping. She posted about Strawberry hemangioma that her daughter is having. It is hard to look at the picture, it look so painful to me. But as many MD's say there is nothing to worry about Strawberry hemangioma because it will eventually disappeared.Anyway. I just want to share this article related to this:
Skin Conditions: Red Birthmarks
Birthmarks are colored skin spots that either are present at birth or develop shortly after birth. Birthmarks can be many different colors, including brown, tan, black, pale blue, pink, white, red, or purple. Some birthmarks are only coloration's of the surface of the skin; others are raised above the surface of the skin or extend into the tissues under the skin.
What Causes Birthmarks?
The cause of most birthmarks is unknown. Most birthmarks are not inherited. Many folk tales and myths exist about the causes of birthmarks, but none of these stories have been proven to explain the true causes of birthmarks.
Do Birthmarks Need to Be Treated?
Most birthmarks need no treatment. They often fade as a child grows older. However, some birthmarks may need treatment because of their location. For example, a raised birthmark near a child's eye may interfere with his or her ability to see. In rare cases, birthmarks are associated with other conditions, such as growths on the liver, lungs, stomach, or intestines.
Types of Birthmarks
There are two main categories of birthmarks -- red birthmarks and pigmented birthmarks. Red birthmarks are colored, vascular (having to do with blood vessels) skin markings that develop before or shortly after birth. Pigmented birthmarks are skin markings that are present at birth. The marks may range from brown or black to bluish or blue-gray in color.
The hemangioma is a common type of vascular birthmark. It is usually painless and harmless and its cause is not known. Color from the birthmark comes from the extensive development of blood vessels at the site.
Types of hemangiomas include:
* Strawberry hemangiomas (also called strawberry mark, nevus vascularis, capillary hemangioma, hemangioma simplex) may appear anywhere on the body, but are most common on the face, scalp, back, or chest. They consist of small, closely packed blood vessels. They may be absent at birth, and develop at several weeks. They usually grow rapidly, remain a fixed size, and then subside. In most cases, strawberry hemangiomas disappear by the time a child is 9 years old. Some slight discoloration or puckering of the skin may remain at the site of the hemangioma.
* Cavernous hemangiomas (also called angioma cavernosum or cavernoma) are similar to strawberry hemangiomas but are more deeply situated. They may appear as a red-blue spongy mass of tissue filled with blood. Some of these lesions may disappear on their own -- usually as a child approaches school age.
* Port-wine stains are flat purple-to-red birthmarks made of dilated blood capillaries. These birthmarks occur most often on the face and may vary in size. Port-wine stains often are permanent (unless treated).
* Salmon patches (also called stork bites) appear on 30%-50% of newborn babies. These marks are small blood vessels (capillaries) that are visible through the skin. They are most common on the forehead, eyelids, upper lip, between the eyebrows, and the back of the neck. Often, these marks fade as the infant grows.
What Are the Symptoms of Red Birthmarks?
Symptoms of red birthmarks include:
* Skin markings that develop before or shortly after birth
* Red skin rashes or lesions
* Skin markings that resemble blood vessels
* Possible bleeding
How Are Red Birthmarks Diagnosed?
In most cases, a health professional can diagnose a red birthmark based on the appearance of the skin. Deeper birthmarks can be confirmed with tests such as MRI, ultrasound, CT scans or biopsies.
What Is the Treatment for Red Birthmarks?
Many capillary birthmarks such as salmon patches and strawberry hemangiomas are temporary and require no treatment. For permanent lesions, concealing cosmetics such as Covermark may be helpful. Orally administered cortisone can reduce the size of a hemangioma that is growing rapidly and obstructing vision or vital structures.
Port wine stains on the face can be treated at a young age with a yellow pulsed dye laser for best results.
Other treatments for red birthmarks may include:
* Cryotherapy (freezing)
* Laser surgery
* Surgical removal
In some cases, birthmarks are not treated until a child reaches school age. However, birthmarks are treated earlier if they compromise vital functions like vision or breathing or are of aesthetic concern.
Can Red Birthmarks Be Prevented?
Currently, there is no known way to prevent red birthmarks.