Sunday, July 20, 2008
Does your cell phone look like everybody else? If so you may be interested in decorating your phone with Rhinestones. Many people call this bling, slang for owning or creating personal accessories that are jeweled, bright and attractive. Here's how to decorate your cell phone.
Go to a store like Wal-Mart or any craft store, look for assorted rhinestones on sale. Rhinestones and other stones and decorations come in a variety of styles, qualities and colors. Choose those that match your taste and budget.
Develop a pattern or design plan. Use paper and pencil if you wish, or just explore different designs on a hard surface. Possible patterns and designs include: all one color, stripes, diagonal, your initials — anything you want. Put as much thought and preparation into the planning of your design as possible, as this saves time in the long run.
Clear a large amount of time and set up your equipment in a safe place where you can leave it and come back to it.
If you purchased the stick on rhinestones, just peel of the tape and stick it to the surface of your phone in the correct position.
Using the glue gun, quickly put a dab of glue on the rhinestone and hold it on your phone for 5 seconds to make sure it's firmly in place.
Let your phone rest at room temperature for 5 minutes and don't touch it.
Stroke your fingers over the stones after the five minutes are up, to make sure they don't fall, if they do, replace them.
* Considering buying the stick-on Rhinstones. These products allow you to just peel the tape off the back and you ready to go. In addition they are far easier to remove than glued items.
* When planning your design try downloading a picture of your phone from the Internet and printing it out as a template to use.
* Adding rhinestones may take awhile to do. Make sure you have the time to do it.
* If you do not care for rhinestones try a beading store, they will have a great many small shiny things you can glue.
* If you are using a hot glue gun make sure you turn it off when you are done. Watch out for gluing your fingers together.
* When using a glue gun make sure to read the instructions carefully and to follow all saftey procedures.
* Other glues, like SuperGlue, will also work for this.
* The stick-ons can get caught in your hair while you are on the phone.
Things You'll Need
* Cell phone or other hard surface
* Glue or glue gun
* Imagination or a sense of design
* A sketch of the perfect design for your cell.