Saturday, June 27, 2009
Love the smell of gingerbread? Well, here's a scrub that smells so good, it's good enough to eat!
* Ginger spice (a few pinches)
* Vanilla extract (a few drops)
* Cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice (tsp each.)
* Almond oil (as the moisturizer) - other oils are also suitable, e.g. jojoba oil, apricot kernel oil, safflower oil, olive oil or grape seed oil3/4 cup
* brown sugar (yummy, gentle & nice fragrance) or salt (as the exfoliate) 3/4 cup
* Honey - See above
* Beeswax - Adds constitution to the mix and allows for some interesting fragrances.
1. Pour your dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the oil and mix until you have a slushy mixture. (Use a wooden spoon to mix if possible to prevent any possible fragrance reactions with a metal spoon.)
2. Add to your small container.
3. Let it firm a bit overnight. Leave in the refrigerator if you like but make sure you put the lid on to prevent fridge smells from contaminating it.
4. Decorate your container if desired to make it look like one of your make-up products.
5. Massage into your skin and leave on for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse off and your skin should be left feeling silky and soft.
You can put sesame oil in it. It's really good for the skin. You could also try ginger and avocado - avocado is a soothing and moisturizing. Mash into a paste and keep the pit for massaging.